It's Christmas time across the globe for many of us that means cold weather. But thankfully we have a wonderfully delicious drink that keeps us nice and toasty.
When it comes to Christmas coffee drinks the list can seem pretty much endless, so we wanted to highlight the best 7 that go best with the holiday season. Our 4 absolute favorites are Boozy Christmas Coffee, the classic Peppermint Mocha, a nice warm Irish Coffee, and the Salted Caramel Latte.
Ok, now that you know our 4 most favorite Christmas coffee drinks, lets jump in and cover all 7, maybe with a bonus one or two thrown in, and give you those recipes so you can make them at home and enjoy a delicious drink by the fire, or wherever you drink your coffee.
1. Boozy Christmas Coffee
- 1-2 C strong brewed Freedom Roasters coffee
- 1/4 C high-quality chocolate semi-sweet or dark
- Christmas Sprinkles
- 2 oz Peppermint Schnapps divided
- 1 oz Kahlua divided
- Milk of your choice
- Canned whipped cream
- Brew coffee using your preferred method
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl, melt in 20 second increments, stirring in between each 20 second cycle
- Dip rim of mug into the melted chocolate and shake on sprinkles. Scoop remaining chocolate into bottom of each mug.
- Fill each mug 3/4 full of hot coffee, stir to help melt and mix chocolate.
- Add 1oz peppermint Schnapps and 1/2oz Kahlua to each mug, stir.
- Top each mug with milk.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkles.
2. Peppermint Mocha
Ingredients:For the Mint Syrup:
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves OR 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 C milk
- 1oz unsweetened chocolate bar
- 1/2 C Freedom Roasters Coffee expresso
- whipped cream
- crushed candy canes
- Bring water to a low boil and add sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add mint or peppermint extract and steep for 10-15 minutes. (remove mint leaves)
- Heat the milk and chocolate together until melted and blended.
- Pour milk mixture into a glass jar, seal with lip and shake until foamy. (jar will get hot so wrap with a towel)
- Pour milk mixture into a mug, stir in coffee and 2-3 tbsp of mint syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
3. Irish Coffee
- 1 1/2 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 to 2 tsp maple syrup
- 6 oz Freedom Roasters coffee brewed
- whipped topping
- Pour whiskey and 1 tsp of maple syrup into heat safe mug.
- Add splash of coffee and stir until syrup dissolves.
- Pour rest of the coffee into mug.
- Taste, add additional tape syrup if desired.
- Top with whipped cream
4. Salted Caramel Latte
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 C Freedom Roasters Coffee brewed strong
- whipped cream
- Combine milk, caramel sauce and cocoa powder in small saucepan. Heat until warm, stir well to dissolve caramel sauce and cocoa powder.
- Add coffee, use an immersion blender to blend until frothy.
- Pour mixture into mug and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
5. Gingerbread Latte
- 4 shots Freedom Roasters Coffee Espresso
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 C milk
- Combine coffee, spices, sugar and molasses in a glass measuring cup. Whisk to dissolve spices in coffee. Divide between two mugs.
- Steam or froth milk.
- Divide milk between the two mugs, serve immediately.
6. Cardamom Latte
- 1/4 C hot Freedom Roasters Coffee espresso
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C milk
- Pour honey, cardamom and vanilla extract in latte glass or mug.
- Pour in hot espresso, stir til well combined.
- Hold mug at 45 degree angle, slowly pour steamed milk in the center to fill the mug, add a thin layer of foam to the top.
7. Butterscotch Coffee
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C strong brewed Freedom Roasters Coffee
- In a medium saucepan whisk together butter and brown sugar.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream until well combined.
- Bring to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla
- Add desired amount of butterscotch sauce to glass, pour in coffee.
Homemade Eggnog Latte
- 1 C eggnog
- 1/2 C Freedom Roasters Coffee espresso
- whipped cream
- grated nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, heat eggnog over medium heat, do not boil.
- Brew your espresso and add to mug.
- When eggnog begins to steam, remove from heat. Whisk until frothy. Pour over espresso. Gently stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and nutmeg.
Christmas Coffee Blend
- 4 C ground dark Freedom Roasters Coffee
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 80 whole allspice berries
- 40 whole cloves
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- Pour ground coffee into large jar or container with a tight fitting lid.
- in a mortar, break up cinnamon sticks, add remaining ingredients and gently crush everything. Cinnamon sticks should be a little chunky.
- Add crushed spices to coffee in the jar. Put lid on and shake to mix.
- Brew as desired.
- 1 tbsp marshmallow ice cream topping or marshmallow cream
- 1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1/2 C fresh brewed Freedom Roasters Coffee
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Mini marshmallows
- crushed graham crackers
- chocolate sauce
- Pour chocolate sauce and marshmallow cream in mug, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour hot coffee over chocolate sauce and marshmallow cream, stir to combine.
- In a glass measuring cup, microwave milk for one minute. Use milk frother to froth milk until foamy.
- Carefully pour some of the milk in coffee cup, use a spoon to transfer milk foam to the cup of coffee.
- Top with toasted mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.